RN Case Manager:
Desert Sage Health Centers is currently recruiting an, experienced, energetic full time RN Case Manager to be part of our team. The Case Manager is responsible for planning, facilitating, improving, and coordinating comprehensive services across the continuum of care.
What’s great about you? You have a passion for assessing, planning and evaluating the care of a designated caseload of patients for the purpose of assuring the achievement of clinical outcomes. You have experience designing case management programs, and you thrive on leading teams, improving quality, advocating for patients, and working with a diverse group of people.
RN or Registered Dietician Diabetic Educator
Is responsible for the education of patients with pre-diabetes, diabetes, and gestational diabetes. Will provide therapeutic nutrition information to patients, and assist case manager with appropriate care coordination, referrals, and outreach to this group of patients.
- Manage the primary education services for patients diagnosed with diabetes, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes, and PCOS.
- Consults closely with medical providers to suggest medication updates, inform the care team of changes to the patient’s condition, and ensure the patient’s care adheres to diabetes standards of care.
- Provides the initial diabetes education for newly diagnosed patients and any ongoing patient/family education to include glucometer usage, medication adherence, lifestyle changes, self-management methods, etc.
- Provides patient and family education for any abnormal findings and works with the patient and physician to establish a plan to address these needs.
- Provides education on medication, how it is used, and the need for appropriate titration.
- Is responsible for scheduling follow up appointments for those patients needing close instruction and monitoring.
- Actively utilizes DSHC’s population health management program to identify and conduct outreach for high-risk diabetes, GDM, or metabolic syndrome patients
- Provide medical nutrition therapy to patients with pre-diabetes, diabetes, and gestational diabetes.
- Provide other preventative nutrition services as needed with priority on patients at high risk for acquiring chronic metabolic diseases and conditions.
- Develop nutrition education materials for display cases, health fair boards, patient handouts, and class activities as needed; conducts community education and outreach events throughout the DSHC communities.
- Perform comprehensive, detailed chart reviews and nutritional assessments to determine patients’ ability to meet criteria for nutritional supplementation.
- Organize, implement, and manage a diabetes prevention program.
- Assist with policy changes/and or recommendations for nutrition, lifestyle, and employee-health related initiatives.
- Provides staff training in standards of care for diabetes and metabolic syndrome patients, motivational interviewing methods, lifestyle recommendations, etc. on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with Case Manager and Quality Improvement staff to conduct documented improvement projects that create measurable improvements in quality of care for diabetes patients (at least one documented project annually). Qualifications:
- Must hold current Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian licensure in the state of Idaho
- Must hold current CPR card
- Certified Diabetes Educator credential highly preferred
- For applicants without CDE certification, at least one year full-time experience providing diabetes education required, to include glucometer education, insulin starts, medication titration and adherence, self-management education, disease-state education, provider education and collaboration, etc.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred
If you are self-motivated, compassionate, leadership-oriented, and ready to give back to your community, we are looking for you.
Please contact Sharlet Wilson today at (208) 696-7203 or e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Applications can be accessed below, once the application is filled out you must do one of the following things:
a) Mail it to Desert Sage Health Centers using standard mail (address is at the top of the application)
b) Scan the application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
d) Applications can be delivered to any DSHC clinic in a sealed envelope addressed to Sharlet Wilson to ensure confidentiality